(For this recipe you’ll need 6 fluted tart moulds 120 mm in diameter.)
1 roll puff pastry
1 cup washed, sliced leeks
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and milled black pepper
6 tablespoons smooth cottage cheese
240 g goats’ feta or fresh goats’ cheese
2 tablespoons Basil Pesto
1 bunch rocket
¼ cup Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette
2 tablespoons Dukka
- Roll the puff pastry out on a lightly floured surface to about
- 1,5 mm thick. Cut out circles about 120 mm in diameter.
- Line the tart moulds with pastry, ensuring they’re pressed down into all corners. Chill the tart shells for at least one hour, preferably overnight.
- If you don’t have individual tart moulds you can use one large one.
- Follow the same directions for baking.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. Blind bake the tart shells for about 18 minutes until golden brown.
- Cook the leeks in the olive oil in a frying pan until soft but still slightly crunchy. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Mix the cottage cheese with half the goats’ cheese. Set the rest aside for garnishing.
- To assemble the tarts: spread a tablespoon of the cheese mixture onto the base of each tart shell, followed by a tablespoon of cooked leeks.
- Divide the roasted tomatoes evenly among the tarts, including some of the juice - but not all, otherwise the tart might become too soggy.
- Sprinkle with a little of the remaining feta and a few drops of basil pesto.
- Just before serving, heat the tarts in the oven for about 3 minutes at 180°C.
- Meanwhile dress the rocket with the vinaigrette.
- Serve the tarts warm with rocket salad and a sprinkling of dukka.